MOH only plays first file

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pukkainc, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pukkainc

I have 3 WAV files in the MOH list. The control behaviour is set to "Randomize music on hold per call". Yet only the first file ever plays. And when it's done, it replays again.

I assume this is not how it's supposed to work. What am I doing wrong?

2. pukkainc

Any ideas on this? I assume this isn't the correct behavior.

3. pukkainc

Can someone at least verify that their MOH plays file randomly, and not just the first one?

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

I use also the MoH feature
    3 different wav files and activate “Randomize music on hold per call”

When I call from ext. A to B and place the call on hold I hear file1.wav
    When I call from ext. A to C and place the call on hold I hear file2.wav
    When I call from ext. C to B and place the call on hold I hear file3.wav
    When I call from ext. A to B and place the call on hold I hear file1.wav again!
    and so on...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pukkainc

Great thank you. So that's the behavior that I am expecting and trying to achieve.

However, mine doesn't do that for some reason! It always place the first song, no matter who calls who. And all the songs work if I put them in the first slot, so I know the WAV files themselves work fine.

6. pukkainc

Well it's working now. I think 2 things were happening. First, since I only had 3 songs, it was just picking the first a few times in a row. So I added more songs. But I also think I need to hang up and wait longer. It seems if you try it rapidly it plays the same song.

Just guesses but it's working now!

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear it's sorted. Just to chip in i have tested this and can confirm what you are saying,

1) The more songs you have the more random it is. If you have only 2-3 you might keep bumping into the same song over and over again.

2) If you keep trying to test this and keep calling too fast the same song plays. (I will try and find out why this is happening). but trying a bit later gives you a random MOH as intended.

I have tested this from both internal and external extensions as well as an external number, always with the same results.

Hope this helps

8. pukkainc

Thank you! Might save someone some trouble later on when setting up their system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.