Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

MOH Playlist plays nothing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kevin Burns, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Burns

Hello, I am running v15.5 on a windows 10 machine. I have a bunch of different on hold messages I would like to rotate every call for a call in the queue. However everytime I get transferred to the queue there is no sound at all. Everyone one of my files works in the digital receptionist (aka they are the right format). I am at a loss. Id rather not have to log in everyday to change the on hold message.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Kevin Burns

Please note that Queues have their own MOH that has to be set though the Queue settings and do not use the main MOH of the PBX.

3. Kevin Burns

Ahh thank you. So for the music in between Dial by name and an extension is General Hold music? is there a way to forward dial by name straight to voicemail?

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes that is the general music on hold
    You need to forward to voicemail only calls that come through Call by name?

5. Kevin Burns

Yes, The problem arises after hours. We have dial by name set up to be activated from the after hours receptionist. When someone uses call by name after hours, it plays through the specified ring time per extension, before being forwarded to voicemail. I would like to cut out that ring time only for after hours.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

In that case you can set the extensions to auto change status after hours so the calls are forwarded to voicemail using the extensions forwarding rules. Or you can use a different Digital receptionist for after hours that does not have the dial by name enabled an instead forwards all calls to a voicemail.

7. Kevin Burns

Ahh thanks you. I didn't know about the autoswitch feature, that should work perfectly. I do have one last question that you may or may not be able to help out with. I haven't been able to get the on hold playlist to work. It looks like I should be able to use it as the music for the queue but every time I enable it, it is just silent as well. Just curious.

8. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

Don't use a queue.

9. Kevin Burns

How would I not use a queue?

10. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

IVR/Ring Groups?

11. Kevin Burns

So we are using 3cx for a mdeical clinic, so we have a lot of concurrent calls coming in. How would ring groups handle this differently from the Queue. I am assuming the IVR would stay the same.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is a bug on music on hold and it is not randomized. This is why you hear the same MOH. We will fix and next update will contain this fix.
    You can use the queue yes - why not? The queue is designed for this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Kevin Burns

@nickybrg I am going to continue to use the queue's. I was just curious about @Brian Cross's reasoning.

So from what I understand bout the playlist feature, is that I can add all of my recordings into that. Then in the queue I can set the hold music to play the playlist (Which is different from the general MOH) to play. When I try it this way, no audio plays while in the ueue

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is the fix - we will make it work.. It will be fixed in the next update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. Erick Baum

Oh good. This has been driving me nuts for the past hour... hope the fix will be out soon.

16. Erick Baum

Any idea when the next update will be released to fix this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.