Monitoring 3CX - What is the mechanism?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bob Denny, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

IN the 3CX Phone System Manual (V8) it says:
    Then it shows some screen shots of the 3CX admin screens, which don't seem to be related to the above.

I need some way to monitor my trunk (to Callcentric) to assure that it is registered (see my post in another thread, and yes I know this is a band-aid solution :shock: ). What mechanism is used to provide monitoring? I do not have Windows Server, Microsoft Operations Manager or ActiveXperts. Is there some sort of COM interface that I can use to get to info about 3CX? Or asked another way, what is the mechanism that 3CX provides for "monitoring using your favorite network monitoring solution"?

2. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

Bump... I still need to monitor my registration to Callcentric. Any ideas?

3. dsnyc

I am not sure about monitoring that 3CX is registered with your sip trunk, however a basic monitoring of the 3cx server, including ping of ip, and check of 3CX services will check that your 3cx server is running. Then a ping of your callcentric sip server will monitor that.

I don't think you need to be concerned about an active 3CX server somehow unregistering from your concentric server when you have verified that both are running.. unless I am wrong on this...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

What type of windows monitoring tools are you using to monitor other computers/servers?

Our tools monitor all windows logs, services, events etc as we provide Managed Support for other businesses.

We have special snmp, wmi and other log parsers which send information to our NOC 24/7/365 and these are then parsed and automatically alerts and optionally raises tickets and alarms when something goes offline, including 3cx.

Those are the tools 3cx talks about. What they are saying is that 3cx is like any other windows application/service and so can be monitored using your standard tools.

If you do not provide monitoring for your network etc. then pm me and we can discuss some options for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.