• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Monitoring 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjr

Reaction score
Some general questions to the floor regarding monitoring 3CX.

We recently had an issue with a client where the AV software caused IIS to crash which took down their 3CX server. The site is not massively busy phone call wise and took almost half a day to notice the phones weren't working. To try and avoid this happening in future we have addressed the AV issue and plan to implement some form of monitoring to capture such errors.

I was curious as to what methods people are using to monitor 3CX installs?

How do people currently monitor their 3CX servers to ensure everything is working?

Do you have any alerting setup? If so, what/how are you alerted?

I have only been using 3CX since version 8 and it appears the version 7 had performance monitor counters to capture lots of useful events in relation to monitoring - anyone know why they were removed?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Paul

See this thread.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/performance-monitors-11913.html#p61376

thanks Danny - I'd seen that and can see there's no real replacement in version 8, and wondered what people are doing in the abscence of those counters - hence this thread.

why were they even removed? Seems a backwards step to me?

Paul

We do not run AV on Server 2008 without user interaction such as our 3CX PBX.
The threat is minimal with a locked down and patched server with zero change of compromise. The only open ports are the one required for 3CX and RDP (and it is limited to authenticated users).
We DO run AV at the gateway, on all workstations, the SBS server (shared folders), and use a mail hygiene service.
I have had problems with AV false alerts and locking down critical DLLs on servers due to AV definition updates. So, from my perspective, the AV came be a bigger threat to the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.