Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Monitoring an extension state from outside of 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kris2k, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris2k

Hi all,

I had a weird issue earlier this week where somehow half of my Polycom phones gave-up on maintaining their registration, and it wasn't related to a network issue. The remedy was fairly simple, restart 3CX and look at the phones join in the next 5-10 minutes based on their registration refresh.

However, that prompted me in wanting to know how could I hook-up my central monitoring system to verify to the state of each individual extension, so I can hook-up some alarms to it? I'm using 3CX v10 sp2.

Is it through the WMI? Can I pick-up the extension state easily through the MyPhone HTTP webservice, and then just parse the output accordignly?

Ideas are welcomed.

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

you can setup email notifications to email you when an extension becomes unregistered. This is the easiest way I can think of to go about it. Email to smart phone and your notified.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.