Monitoring Trunk Status

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Frank D, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

we want to monitor the trunk status of 3cx. We are using Xymon to monitor our servers. It would be nice to integrate this into Xymon via Powershell Script or something. How are you doing this? Any other important functions you are monitoring with external tools? We know how to monitor the status of the Windows processes, but 3cx specific things are more difficult.

Maybe we should run some scripts checking the availability of the gateway from the server? Anybody is already doing this? What are you checking for?

Best regards Frank

2. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

3. Frank D

Frank D New Member

How did you upvote a normal post? It looks like I can only upvote posts in the "ideas" category. I often wanted to thank somebody with an upvote and couldn't figure out how.

4. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

:)

The upvote button appear to the left of the OP's name, just as it appears in the Ideas forum.

Speaking of Thanks, I recently realized that Upvotes are reflected as Thanks in my statistics box that appears to the right of the page.

Where did you see my Upvote indicated?

5. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

btw, I previously submitted an Idea to monitor trunks. What do you think about Upvoting it so there is a consolidated effort to elevate its importance?

6. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Not for me. Neither in Chrome or MS Edge. It would be really nice, if you could "Thank" answers, too.

I get a notification telling me, when someone upvoted a post. Just in the Header of the forum, next to where private messages are indicated.

7. Frank D

Frank D New Member

:)

I searched all your posts in ideas forum as well as did some searching in the ideas forum itself. I could not locate this post. I remember to have upvoted some monitoring idea already, but I am not sure, if it was yours. If you point me to the post, I will.

8. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

Frank, sorry for the wild goose hunt. Apparently, I posted the idea in my mind, but not the site! Let's go with your submission and direct attention to it.

FWIW, I'm using FF browser.

9. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I believe this could quite easily be done through the 3CX Call Control API:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/

But just out of curiosity, would an .exe on the server that if ran with the Virtual Extension Number as an argument and return "Is Registered" or "Is not Registered" be OK?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.