More fax machine; it's possible?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MasterX, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterX

hi,
    i configure my internal fax 888 to send mail to a e-mail.
    can i have other internal that i can send mail?

thanks

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    No I think that there is only one fax to email service. However, you can set up other fax extensions using an either an analogue device such as a SPA2102 or t38faxvoip. Here is a link http://www.t38faxvoip.com/about.htm. This in turn works with http://www.ventafax.com/ to convert fax to email. Apparently t38faxvoip works well with 3CX, though I have not tried it myself.

I hope this helps
    Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I am not too sure exactly what you are asking but if you mean can you have more than one fax extension then yes.

We have some real estate companies with 20+ fax numbers in 3cx.

Firstly you need a DID for each fax number. then in the inbound rules you set 3cx to "send fax to extension of xxxx" and chose the extension. As long as that extension has an email address associated with it then it will be sent to that email address.

Is that what you were trying to do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    I apologise for getting it wrong here. Thank you abc123. I now know that I can make very good use of fax as long as the DDI's are available.

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

No problem Richard.

It is an overlooked feature of 3cx and can be a great selling point for certain industries. We target real estate offices here with that feature. The DID costs them $1 per month and so it is nothing for a personal fax number for each agent and they get their contracts within seconds of it being faxed - no matter where they are (which is usually sitting with a client waiting on an answer).

There are some other industries that make use of it (for different departments etc. or for HR or Accounting to have private fax lines), but the real estate agents are our favorites.

6. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi Mark,
    That is really interesting. It is a very cost effective solution as well. Do you use ISDN gateways with DDIs, or do you use a VoIP provider?

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

7. abc123

abc123 Active Member

VOIP.

I cant vouch for the uk market as it has been so long since I moved away but here in the states we have some great VOIP providers with excellent call quality. And with a DID being 50p (ish) per month (US$1) we sell lots of those. As I said we have real estate offices with 20+ fax DIDs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.