Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

More than 5 digits needed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hanialami, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hanialami

Greetings...

As I want to configure my system to be with 6 or 7 digits for each extension, while the options in the installation its up to 5, Is there any way Ican configure the system to deal with 6 or 7 Digits.

Thanks

2. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hi hanialami
    Welcome to 3cx
    I think it's a good idea and you have to post it in "Feature requests"
    And I think a lot of IP PBX users need it

3. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi there,
    I just wanted to ask, what would more digits allow (other than more internal lines - if there is anything else?)
    And surely by the time you've reached 5 digits your really limited by the computer, and unless you've got any short of a super computer its not going to be able to handle it all?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

6 or 7 digits for an extension? that's long. isn't an extension supposed to make is shorter and easier to call people? and 5 digits gives you already a lot of extensions, why would you want more? I'm sure your phone server will lag totaly and even crach if you get more extensions than what is provided with 5 digits.

If you have an absolute need of more extensions, I suggest you just setup another phone server, that way, you could create a 3CX-to-3CX bridge to allow both servers to inter-connect. If in need of more extensions, this is the way to go, it simplifies things and will make your servers more stable.

5. hanialami

Greetings.....

The ideia behind 6 or 7 digits was to give each one the same number for his mobile as we are going to use this server with our agents where all off them knows the number of each other mobile ( So it will be one number for the mobile or the SIP phone).

I know that even 5 digits it soo hard to fill and we are far byound to reach this number of digits.

Regards

Hani

6. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Oh, I see, that changes everything. It doesn't mean that you've got sooo much extensions. I must admit now that your idea is pretty good, but have you ever seen a phone system with extensions of 7 digits? (Maybe there is, I don't know) Not that I say that it isn't possible, just that it sounds weird.

7. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello all
    Yes There is IP PBX you can make any numbre for your extensions with out any restrictions

and this feature is also nice to make special first numbers to each level,department,group or any other idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.