more than one outbound backup rule

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nmangaoang, Sep 5, 2007.

1. nmangaoang

Hi,

In the free edition, there is only one "outbound back-up rule".
    Is it the same in the paid versions?

What should I do if I have 3 VOIP gateways and want it to have automatic roll over to the free line whenever the two primary lines are busy?

Thanks,
    Nick

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

The free edition has no differences with the paid edition with regards to the backup provider in each outbound rule. I have to admit that I do not readily know of a solution for 3 PSTN lines in a rollover configuration. 3CX excels with VoIP providers who usually allow multiple "streams" per "line", as high as 10 for some, so the single backup provider provision in each rule is more than adequate. Would you consider adding a VoIP provider as backup?

3. nmangaoang

Hi Mirzab,

Yes I can have multiple channels for SIP trunks and 1 single backup provider is adequate. Unfortunately we (in the Philippines), still doesn't have Telecomm providers who are offering SIP trunks that's why I still have to settle with PSTN trunks. :cry:

If you find a workaround please let me know.
    Thanks,

Nick

4. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Hello sir

There are plans for changing outbound rules in the next version. This will allow more than 1 backup route for outbound calls. All we can suggest for now is some patience and the team will perform its magic. :D
    Regards

5. nmangaoang

Great!!! :D

Let me know when it's available.

Thanks,
    Nick