• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

More than three routes on outbound rules ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmacleod

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a situation where a client has three SPA3102's bringing land lines into 3CX, plus a GSM gateway and a SIP trunk. For outbound calls they want to use the three land lines, then a 4 channel GSM gateway, then SIP trunk due to the "unlimited" calls on the land and GSM lines. The problem is, 3CX only supports three routes for outbound calls.

The 4 channel GSM gateway has the decency to present itself as a single device (SIP peer, Portech) but the SPA3102's are all independent of each other...leaving me well short of routes to use them all AND the GSM gateway AND the SIP trunk. I know I could get cute with dial codes or something to work around it 80% of the way, but that requires user input and that will be all too hard.

Any thoughts or ideas, or even better experiences ? :D

Cheers,
Paul.

Your best bet is to get an analog gateway for PSTN from Grandstream or Patton. Both are supported, have templates, and both makes have 4 port/line capable models.

Thanks, but if only it were that simple :) I should have mentioned that the three PSTN lines in question are located in three different office locations, so the single Patton isn't an option in this case.

One of the local 3CX support guys has suggested using the Portech dial peering software to do the job, so if that works I'll report back in case anyone else runs across this in the future.

What about splitting the routing. If, for example, you lived in an area with two local areacodes create one route for one of them that consists of 3102 A, 3102 B then GSM, for the second it could be 3102 C, 3102 B, then GSM. You could split it three or four ways and put the VoIP trunk in there as last choice. You could break it down to areacode plus number prefixes, depending on local dialling and numbering plans.

A feature request (or two) for more than three outbound routes was made a long time ago but seems to have gone nowhere.

alternative you could by a beronet and place all FXO and GSM in one gateway so for 3CX it is only one rout and then the box forkes the call based on numberplans to the FXO and GSM modules. Depending where you are located this can be an option...
As far as i know you can not buy beronet in the USA at the current time...

or as leejor said, split our outbound rules that for specific number only the fxo or the gsm gateway is used with the fallback in route 2 to the voip provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.