Move 3CX to new site and incoming calls not answered

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stobby256, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stobby256

Hi All..
    I got 3CX and Grandstream 4104 gateway working incoming and outgoing!! This was with my phone line at home.

I moved it to the workplace, and re assembled it all. Outgoing calls no problem. Incoming calls? well they just ring and ring and 3CX just won't answer them.

If I place a handset on the incoming line and ring in, it works just fine - back into the gateway and no dice. No answer.

The only difference I can see is that the lines require a 9 to dial out on (sorted that with prepending a '9') and their ringtone is a little different to the one at home (I'm in the UK).

Apart from that, no settings have been changed.

Help some one as it goes live on Monday morning :(

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Did you change the IP addressses to correlate with the LAN IPs at the new locaiton. Gateway IP, server IP's etc.... It may help to past the server activity log or maybe even a wireshark, that would definitely help pinpoint the issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stobby256

All IPs exactly the same... nothing changed. Nothing in the 3CX log...

4. stobby256

All IPs exactly the same... nothing changed. Nothing in the 3CX log...

5. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Does the grandstream gateway show in 3cx's console that it is registered?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. stobby256

Yes all registered....!!

I think I finally may have an answer... answer on number of rings and CID type.... I got it to finally answer but its a bit flakey..

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are now connecting to a PBX or not. One thing that gateways can also have a problem with is the idle line voltage. Most PSTN lines average 50 volts idle whereas some PBX's can be only 24 volts idle. Most gateways have a setting that allows you to compensate for operation on either.

I'm assuming that you found that the regional setting required changing to accommodate the different ring cadence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.