• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Move license to new install

Status
Not open for further replies.

kflorian

Reaction score
I have a retail (not free) 15.5 install in Debian. I'm "moving" to a Win10 Pro machine.

Are the instructions in this post from 2015 still accurate for "moving" my retail license from one install to another?

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/how-activate-my-license.53901/#post-221132

Especially, is it correct to exclude the "License Key Information & FQDN" from the backup which I will use to restore the general config?

The old Debian install will be deleted and the FQDN on the new system will be the same as in the current paid license.

If you are wanting to move both the Licence and the Config, then simply restore a backup you made while the system is running on Debian, then restore that backup into your Windows 10 install.

The backup files are compatible between operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.