Move voicemail recording location

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dchesnut, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dchesnut

I'd like to change the default location where voice mail is stored. I'm running Server 2008 and voice mail is currently stored on C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Ivr\Voicemail. I really don't like having directories that can grow large stored on the same drive with the OS. I'm currently planning on running over 200 users on the system and some of my users like to save everything. :)

Is there a way to do this that currently works and will not break in the future. I've searched through some previous posts but I can't find any answer. I did find a post about adding a [VoiceMail] section to the 3CXPhoneSystem config file but that doesn't seem to work now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Chesnut

2. scott

Dave - if there isn't a way to direct the voicemail to a new location you could always use a symbolic link for the "Voicemail" directory that points to another NTFS volume. Check out "mklink /D Voicemail //server1/share" when you are in the C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Ivr\ directory. That assumes that you already relocated the Voicemail directory and created a share for it, or dropped it onto another local volume "mklink /D Voicemail h:\Voicemail"

Scott...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dchesnut

Thanks! That worked perfectly.

4. netpower

Can you explain with more detail, your solution Scott.

Thank you

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

1) Goto the FileShare or other drive and create the Voicemail folder
    2) Copy existing voicemail structure here
    3) Create a Windows Share for it
    4) goto DOS and Admin
    5) Goto the current directory 1 level above the "Voicemail" Directory"
    6) Create the MKLINK
    /D is CREATE Symbolic Link command
    Voicemail is the Directory for Voicemail. You are 1 level up so it is 1 of the folders within your location.
    //server1/share is the new shared location.

Not sure about Permissions and the such. This thread is so old these folks may not be here anymore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.