Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Moving 3CX Phone System to New Office

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lowedeane, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowedeane

Hello,
    I have recently taken over control of our 3CX phone system from the IT company that was previously managing it. So far everything hasn't been much of an issues, however I have only had to make a handful of changes in the management console. We have two offices that are connected via tunnel. Both offices have a basic phone server, Patton Smartnode 4114 gateway, and a handful of phones.
    My question is this; One of our offices will be moving locations. If I take everything from one office over to the new office and set it up basically as is, are there any steps I am going to need to take, or should everything still function as before? We will be adding a few phones to the system after the move, however I am not too concerned with that. My primary concern is the system still functioning, and the integrity of the tunnel holding up.
    Any help any of you could provide in preparing me for possible hurdles that might come up would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Assuming that the PSTN phone numbers will be moving with you, then the move should be somewhat painless if you keep the internal LAN IP addresses the same. You may want to make note of which line (number) went to which Patton port as I do not know if you programmed the Patton to all ports or just some.

For the remote tunnel and all, it depends on if you keep the same external (public) IP. If so, and the internal LAN IP all remains the same, then there should be little issue. If not, then you will need to update the system with the new IP addresses for both internal and external.

Hopefully, the IPs will all stay the same.

3. lowedeane

Ineblett,
    Thank you for your response. I will make sure to note the lines and patton ports. All of the PSTN numbers will be moving with us, and the IP structure of the LAN will remain the same. With the exception of some added extensions, but that won't change any of the IPs in the system as it stands. Thank you for the info, I feel a great deal more at ease about everything now. I was concerned that there was some great looming step that I was missing, but it seems to be as I was expecting. We will be doing the move over the weekend, so forbid something does go wrong I will have a solid 2 days to work it out. Thanks again! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.