Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Moving from a 14.0.49 windows installation to a 15.5 debian

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alexko, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexko

So what are the needed steps to migrate this old installation from a windows installation to a new Debian installation on a new computer.

What are the steps to move the license to the new box?

Also the client is thinking to move the ISDN interfaces that he was using to a sip trunk. The problem with this is that the sip trunk comes from a specific lan port on the router and might want a second card on the 3cx or some kind of routing if nat is being involved. From what I have read the 3cx doesn't work well with a second nic and also routing on the box is not recommended. So the only solution is routing on the router?

2. alexko

Ok, I have some more specific questions. The license is bound to the mac of the pc that 3CX is installed. From the forums I have read that a license key can have a couple of mac related but not many to avoid misuse.

I want to move a version 14 installation to a new one v15. I am guessing the license has only one mac relation but is there an online tool to check if I am guessing right? Also backup and restoring to the new machine won't break my old installation? For a couple of days I want to have both machines up and running until I finish the migration.

The v14 installation is on a tagged vlan. Can I setup a my new 3cx installation with debian to use this tag based vlan, is so do I have to use console to set the ethernet device to this vlan?

I don't have a domain for my installation, the option to use the one that 3cx provides is free of charge?

Finally I saw on the installation guide that 3cx is not very frienldy elaborate network configurations.
    My telephone provider will bring a wan interface for a sip trunk to his network. I have a different wan interface for internet access.
    How should I configure 3cx for this type of network. Should I or can I use a second ethernet card and route through debian or use a double wan router and route the sip traffic from there?

Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.