Moving from a 14.0.49 windows installation to a 15.5 debian

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alexko, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexko

So what are the needed steps to migrate this old installation from a windows installation to a new Debian installation on a new computer.

What are the steps to move the license to the new box?

Also the client is thinking to move the ISDN interfaces that he was using to a sip trunk. The problem with this is that the sip trunk comes from a specific lan port on the router and might want a second card on the 3cx or some kind of routing if nat is being involved. From what I have read the 3cx doesn't work well with a second nic and also routing on the box is not recommended. So the only solution is routing on the router?

2. alexko

Ok, I have some more specific questions. The license is bound to the mac of the pc that 3CX is installed. From the forums I have read that a license key can have a couple of mac related but not many to avoid misuse.

I want to move a version 14 installation to a new one v15. I am guessing the license has only one mac relation but is there an online tool to check if I am guessing right? Also backup and restoring to the new machine won't break my old installation? For a couple of days I want to have both machines up and running until I finish the migration.

The v14 installation is on a tagged vlan. Can I setup a my new 3cx installation with debian to use this tag based vlan, is so do I have to use console to set the ethernet device to this vlan?

I don't have a domain for my installation, the option to use the one that 3cx provides is free of charge?

Finally I saw on the installation guide that 3cx is not very frienldy elaborate network configurations.
    My telephone provider will bring a wan interface for a sip trunk to his network. I have a different wan interface for internet access.
    How should I configure 3cx for this type of network. Should I or can I use a second ethernet card and route through debian or use a double wan router and route the sip traffic from there?

Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.