Solved Moving from "Google VM" to "Vultr" suggestions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mukkacow, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mukkacow

Hello!

I've been testing my 3CX Pro for a few months on Google Cloud VM (g1-small) and it's working great.

Looking around the forum I've read that some of you are using 3CX on Vultr so I wanted to try them and I have installed a 3CX TRIAL on a VM (1 vCore / 1GB / 25 GB SSD) for $10/month.

Apart the very reasonable prices I feel like it's working very well. I think that for ~20 extensions it would be enough this kind of machine but I would like to hear more of your thoughts about 3CX on this cloud service.

There is another point I would like to clarify:

On Vultr I have installed 3CX TRIAL so I assume I'll have to use following command to reinitializate installation and use our 3CX Pro key.
    Question 1: Deactivation/Detach of the key from the old installation will be done automatically as soon as the new will be activated? I have read that many of you encountered issues when moving.

Thanks you very much
    ;-)

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What do you mean by "detach"? To re-use it on another installation with the same FQDN you had initially bound it to, or to re-use it and install using a different FQDN the second time?

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Just a word of advice. We use Google and its pretty good. It might be a little bit more expensive but there is a reason for it :) Thats not to say Vultr is not good, never tried it. But we certainly tried Google and compared with many other hosters....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mukkacow

@NickD_3CX
    I have restored my old backup including "License Key Info & FQDN". Waited about 1h for DNS propagation and all works like a charm. Thanks ;-)

@Nick Galea
    Hi Nick, thanks you very much for your advice. Google is a monster compared to Vultr ;-)
    I hope they will not disappoint us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.