Moving from trial cloud account to another provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Biobob, Oct 24, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biobob

I have set up a trial account on ovh using my NFR I was going to just continue paying them after the trial but they don't have the feature, can you advise on how to move this whole instance to google cloud or point to a guide anywhere on the procedure?

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Biobob

i have the google account already setup do I run back through pbx express using the same info then do a restore over it with my current instance and will that keep the licence etc?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Biobob

Make sure that your backup does not contain licence and FQDN information. You can exclude that information when you are performing a backup.
    Since you already have a Google account you can use the PBX express to set up your PBX using the same licence and once it is set you can restore your backup. Make sure that the backup you are restoring is taken from the same version you are restoring it to. So if your backup is from version 15.5.3849.1 then you need to restore it to the same version.

5. Biobob

Do I copy the same fqdn etc in the Express walkthrough or just pick any name and the backup would overwrite it?

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Your licence is already bound to the FQDN, so if you use the same licence key you will automatically provided with the same FQDN. The backup should not contain FQDN information

7. Biobob

I have moved everything to google but i still have the old trial system and it keeps going to that one as they both have the same FQDN how do i get rid of the old one as it is on the trial ovh server

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please note that you will have to wait for the trial PBX express installation to be deleted after 30 days of the creation day. Meanwhile you can access the old trial PBX and stop the system server service through the management console. That should stop it from pointing the FQDN back to the old IP.

9. Biobob

Could you advise on what sections I would need to kill? is it just the system server or others or just all if i am not using it?

I have tried just the System Server but its still answering

#9 Biobob, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  10. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Access the management console of the old trial server and navigate to Dashboard / Services. Highlight the service called "3CX PhoneSystem 01 System Server" and click on stop. This will stop the service and prevent the PBX from updating the IP of the FQDN.
    Then you should access the new PBX and restart the services so the PBX is forced to update the IP.

11. Biobob

I have done that but it still has the same static ip and FQDN and still answers instead of google, would i need to release FQDN and then just assign it to google install?

12. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Have you restarted services on the new server? Also note that the FQDN has a TTL of six hours so it might take some time for the change to be performed.

13. Biobob

I need to change the licence as I used the wrong one what is the procedure or do i just remove the FQDN and start again with a new instance and delete the old

14. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please note that in order to change the licence a re-install is required. You will need to perform a backup without including licence and FQDN information. Save the backup to a safe location. Then release the FQDN from the licence so you can use the same FQDN is that is required.
    Un-install the system and re-install using the correct licence key.

15. Biobob

Thanks for that and all your help i have released the FQDN and created a new one to get rid of the legacy from the old install

16. Biobob

Does the system work ok without a static ip? I assigned one from google but the FQDN refused to open no matter what settings I used I had to switch it back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.