moving phone to new extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

I have a phone on a particular extension and I want to move it to a new location and thus change it to another extension. Is it as simple as this?:

- physically plug the phone in where I want it

- go to the 3cx phones node

- click reset and reprovision?

If I move a phone from one location on my lan to another and want to assign it to the right

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it is simply a matter of moving a set from one place to another, and the set retains all of the options, extension number etc., then you simply unplug and move. This is on the same LAN, I'm assuming. If you want to move it, and change the extension number as well, then you have to delete the old extension/provisioning files associated with that sets MAC address, and then create a new extension number from scratch.

3. 3CXNP

3CX Support

Hey there,

Perform a factory reset of the phone so it doesnt have any extension details on it.

Go to the PBX and either delete the extension, or just remove the MAC address and model of the phone in the "Phone Provisioning" tab.
    Provision the phone using the new settings. If you are on the same LAN it is as simple as provisioning the phone on a new extension.
    If it is on a different LAn, you will need to provision it as a remote extension.

Then when the phone has been reprovisioned, just take it to the new location and plug it in.

The "Reset and Reprovision" option in the phones node, resets the phone and reprovisions it on the same extension"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. asinshesq

Thanks. If I delete the entire extension (which is probably the cleanest approach) and then hook up the new phone and select to add new extension, will I be able to force 3cx to use my old extension number as the new extension or does 3cx just pick the next higher number? I really don't want to change the extension number for this location.

5. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi there,

If delete one extension then you will be able to re-create it using the same number. However if you just want to remove the phone from one extension to another, from the management console simply navigate to 3CX Phone System >> Extension >> Select the extension that has the phone >> Navigate to the Phone Provisioning tab, remove its MAC address and in the Model ensure that no model is selected. Then click on Apply and OK. The next step is to provision the phone (after performing a factory reset on the phone ).

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.