Moving the 3CX websites to a differnet IIS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wardyboy82, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wardyboy82

Dec 26, 2008
    I was wondering if anyone has had any luck moving the 3CX v7 PBX websites (‘3CXApplicationPool’, ‘management’, ‘myphone’ and ‘ivr’) to a different IIS.

I currently have a copy of 3CX PBX installed on a different box to my main web and ftp server running IIS. When I installed 3CX I put IIS on the machine beforehand, and now that everything is setup the management and myphone virtual folders can be accessed fine from within the default website on IIS running on the PBX machine, so I know the setup there is sound.

Ideally though, I’d like all of these folders and app-pools running on my main webserver. And at the risk of repeat myself, this is on a different machine.

Both are Windows Server 2003.

So far I’ve tried:
    saving the 3CXApplicationPool, the management and myphone virtual folders and the ivr website configurations all to files using the IIS manager console on the PBX machine
    loading them all up on my main web machine, again using the IIS manager console
    pointing the management virtual folder to a share instead of a local folder. The share is on the PBX machine, it is the Interface folder in \3CX\PhoneSystem\Data\Http.
    The myphone virtual folder and ivr websites also point to this share with the addition of a \myphone and \ivr respectively.
    The user used to connect to the share from within my IIS machine has full access to the share, and the same level of access as local users within the 3CX application folders on the PBX machine.

Whenever I try to access the management or myphone folders from the default site on my main web machine all I get is the error:

HTTP Error 500 - Internal server error.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

Does anyone have any ideas of something I’ve missed?

Thanks, Andrew
  2. kevin

kevin Member

Nov 23, 2006

Unfortunately there is no way to do this at this stage. The Web side of things needs to communicate with the rest of the system and they are tightly integrated, providing services to each other.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.