MS Exchange Hold/Ringback

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vapilot75, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vapilot75

Good morning...

Currently experiencing a problem with Exchange Integration. I know 3CX development is looking at it, but they haven't come up with anything yet. I thought I would toss the question/issue out in the open to see if anyone else is having issues.

1. Someone calls in via PTSN
    2. Caller is routed to MS Exchange Auto Attendant via 3CX
    3. Caller is greeted properly, and specifies the user they wish to reach
    4. Caller is transferred to appropriate extension
    5. Extension rings for 15 seconds before going to voicemail if not picked up

When step 5 occurs, and the extension is ringing in the user's office, the caller doesn't hear a ring-back or hold music, they hear silence. They wrongly assume the call was dropped.

We use Linksys 941's and Linksys 962's. However, I also connected a 3CX softphone and found the same problem. Additionally, this isn't limited to PTSN inbound users. It also occurs if I directly call the MS Exchange Auto Attendant from my desk, and specify a different user.

When using the built in 3CX auto attendant, the user hears music while the extension is ringing.

If this rings-a-bell (no pun intended) with anyone else, please let me know!

Brandon

2. c.holloway

Vapilot I know this is a long shot because this is an old post but did you ever find a solution? I've run into the same problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.