Multi DIDs on One SIP Account

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by philip, Jul 25, 2007.

1. philip

With most wholesale SIP providers don't register each DID like it was a separate phone line, you have one account that you add all the DIDs to then you route each DID to whichever SIP server you want it to go to.

For outbound call you don't have to register with the carriers server, your IP is allowed in their system and you just point your outbound calls at that carrier channel.

What I cant work out with 3CX is how to setup a provider channel without having to add an external phone number and user info and make it register like it was a single terminal.

I have made it work by using bogus authentication info but the problem is the outbound CLID always show the number of the channel instead of the CLID of the originating extention.

Has anyone setup 3CX with wholesale SIP providers like VTWhite or iCall?

2. w1ve

I have almost the same problem... My provider is http://www.vitelity.net, and I have six DIDs with them.. I have a Toll-Free DID and a local number DID that I route to the same SIP account. However, if I dial the toll free (with the local DID configured in 3CX), I get the following:

[CM010001] Line configuration does not allow identification of the source of this call. Check Advanced Options for Gateways and Providers and match a field to a correct value from the following: Contact IP: '64.X.XXX.XX'; From: '603XXXXXXX'; To: '888XXXXXXX'; Rline: '888XXXXXXX'; Contact: '603XXXXXXX'

So -- How do I configure multiple DIDs to work through one SIP account?

3. philip

it seems like the only way is to setup a sip provider entry for every single did, then setup an outbound route rule for every single ext. this system just doesnt seem to be designed for use with wholesale sip providers. it also doesnt look like this forum is moderated by 3cx support.

4. Denny

philip,
    i was able to use multiple did.
    -> Line(s) Configuration -> Other Options -> Maximum simultaneous calls

Change it to like 5 or 10. I was able to get it to work for outgoing. I am still not able to use it for incoming. I am also using VTWhite

5. w1ve

Got it working

I use the IP address of the SIP Provider to validate the incoming call. This works perfectly!

6. philip

the problem is the outbound caller id always show the ID of that one channel even if you enable multi calls. the system is setup for voip providers that give you one channel per did, not for ones that provide one sip trunk and multi DIDs.

7. scottyork

w1ve,

Where do you set up incoming authentication on provider's IP?

Thanks.