• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multi level Receptionist - Can't go back one step-ivr error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertarecchia

Reaction score
Well, It's me again!
I spent a good part of the morning looking for topics in the forum and google on multiple level digital receptionist and the ability to "go back to the previous ( or top ) menu. I seem to be the only one with this problem ?!
I also checked with the free version / paid version and this doesn't appear in the list.
Anyway...

3CX softphones + GS 4104 - Window 7.

I created different layers/levels of DRs, one to list office hours. At the end of this recording/menu I wanted the option to go back to the main menu.
I can go forward with no problems but when I select an option to go back to the previous menu I get: "An error occurred in IVR session, sorry!"
I thought the key " Connect to digital receptionist" would work in both directions? No?

I tried to name the DRs with different unique extension #s but, no-go. The only way to make it work was to create a new user extension that always transfers to the main DR.
Creative? :)

In the photo attached I listed the various options I tried. It's not actually set as you see it.
----------

Another thing I cannot find anywhere is how to increase the timeout of the management console. I found an old post online but the variable "MainPageTimeout" on a .config file seems obsolete. I also found a couple of request in the suggestion box but no resolutions.

I know, it's Sunday..... I'm having lunch then head to the beach :)

Attachments

• officehours.jpg
    officehours.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 735
Re: Multi level Receptionist - Can't go back one step-ivr er

Ok, I dial the number, the DR answers and I then press 3 to get your office hours. While in 801 (office hours), did you giveme additional options so that I could go somewhere else? What happens on the timeout of 801? You can only do those options that are specific to that DR while in that DR. I use multi-level DR with out issue, so I do not think going back is an issue as long as the option to select it is available.

lneblett said:
While in 801 (office hours), did you giveme additional options so that I could go somewhere else? What happens on the timeout of 801?

Yes, of course. See attached.

You can press 1 which is supposed to go back one step to DR 100, but I get that error.
I had to create that "dummy" extension 100 so that you can transfer there and in turn transferred to the DR 000.
I thought that maybe the numbering of the DRs could create the conflict, so I tried different ones with no improvement.

The timeout gives the same error, no matter how many seconds I set it to. I had to change that to the ext 100 also.

Are you able to go backwards with your DRs?

Attachments

• 801.jpg
    801.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 691

Yes. I can go back in the menu stream. I have an initial greeting (800) that asks the caller to select either English (801) or Spanish (802). When they select either of these, they get the further extension selecetion (1 for dining, 2 for membership, 3 for accounting, etc.) and I also give them the chance to select 8, which takes them back to the initial greeting (800) in the event that perhaps they made the wrong langauge selection. It works just fine.

I guess I question why are you changing around the DR numbers from one series to another - 8XX to 0XX and maybe 1XX? I do not know if you have SIP dialing set-up but using 000 does not seem to serve a practical purpose other than to possibly cause conflict with how it might get interpreted. Start with the 800 as an initial greeting and then proceed wth 801 for the next and 802, 803 until you have what you need.

If I were you, I would delete whatever has been done with regard to DR and then start over using the 3CX system assigned 800. It could be that 3CX has some internal design expectations that all the DR will start with this and subsequent numbers within the 8XX range. It never dawned on me to even think about it and as a result I have not tried, but now that you have raised the issue, I am really curious as to the logic. I tend to think that it is far easier to manage and maintain all DR within onbe range rather than scattering them about in extension ranges or possibly intermixing with other system reserved areas.

Well well well... when I created the DR, 800 was taken ( by a ring group and didn't realize it until now ) and the system gave me 801. When I created the second menu the system gave me 802. I "think" I said to myself "let's organize these menus from "000" instead of starting from 8XX.
So I changed the second menu to 802 all all works great..... I spent an evening on it and didn't think about starting over :(

You're the man!

On the my other question, any idea how to increase the Online Console Management's timeout?

Thank you!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.