Multi-line phone with single Skype account?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mobidutch, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mobidutch

I am using a 5-line Cisco SAP525G with all 5 lines registered as an extension in the 3CX PBX (10,20,30,40,50). The company I work for uses Skype a lot, so I have a SkypeIn/Online number.

I'd like to configure it so that when I am in a Skype call on extension 10 and another Skype call comes in, it gets routed to extension 20. I can bridge those two calls on the phone itself, if I need to. However if I keep both calls running separately and another call comes in, that needs to be routed to extension 30. Etc. So, if an extension is busy I can use a forward rule to forward the call to the next extension, etc. So far so good.

My question is...how many channels do I need to configure for this. I am using only one Skype account, so I guess I do not need to configure it as a master. Do I only need one channel?

But what if I am on a call and I want to put that on hold and start another outbound call?

2. mobidutch

To answer my own question.... using a single channel seems to work OK for incoming calls. I can be on a call and receive another one. But when I am already on a call, I cannot make a simultaneous outbound call.

How do I configure the gateway to support placing an outbound call using my subscription, while already in another call, all with the same Skye ID? Thx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.