Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multi-line phone with single Skype account?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mobidutch, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mobidutch

I am using a 5-line Cisco SAP525G with all 5 lines registered as an extension in the 3CX PBX (10,20,30,40,50). The company I work for uses Skype a lot, so I have a SkypeIn/Online number.

I'd like to configure it so that when I am in a Skype call on extension 10 and another Skype call comes in, it gets routed to extension 20. I can bridge those two calls on the phone itself, if I need to. However if I keep both calls running separately and another call comes in, that needs to be routed to extension 30. Etc. So, if an extension is busy I can use a forward rule to forward the call to the next extension, etc. So far so good.

My question is...how many channels do I need to configure for this. I am using only one Skype account, so I guess I do not need to configure it as a master. Do I only need one channel?

But what if I am on a call and I want to put that on hold and start another outbound call?

2. mobidutch

To answer my own question.... using a single channel seems to work OK for incoming calls. I can be on a call and receive another one. But when I am already on a call, I cannot make a simultaneous outbound call.

How do I configure the gateway to support placing an outbound call using my subscription, while already in another call, all with the same Skye ID? Thx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.