Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multi Line TAPI - not working

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by 3cx newbie, Jul 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3cx newbie

I'm trying to integrate with a 3CX system from within our .NET Windows based software application.

I have installed and configured the TAPI drivers as per the instructions here https://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-multi-line-tapi/

In control panel, phone and modem section I can see the drivers are installed.

upload_2017-7-5_8-50-3.png

As per the instructions in link above, I've ensured the user 1 in the configuration file is the extension (235) configured in the 3CX client.

To confirm the configuration is correct, I've tried to use the Windows built-in dialer program to make a call. The dialer can see the different lines I've configured in the config file, as shown below.

upload_2017-7-5_8-48-13.png

However, when I try to make a call I receive the error below;

upload_2017-7-5_8-48-54.png

A posting on this forum indicates this could be a result of a missing configuration attribute https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/error-with-3cx-tapi-driver-windows-dialer-exe.44948/

I've added in the missing attribute but no joy.

upload_2017-7-5_8-57-6.png

Any ideas to what this could be ?

I don't think my client is using a Pro license, but will check. Could that make a difference?

Thanks for any help.

2. ivank

3CX Support

Hello! Most probably it's the wrong version of 3CXPhone and/or TAPI plugin.

I don't think my client is using a Pro license, but will check. Could that make a difference?
    No difference at all.

Please, do the following:

1. Enable TSP logs by setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3CX\3CXPhone for Windows\TSPLogEnabled to "1".
      Restart your TAPI tool, select the line and try to make a call. Close TAPI tool.

2. Collect the following files and info:
      - 3CXPhone's version and extension used;
      - %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXWin8Phone.user.config;
      - %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXPhoneTapiPlugin.dll;
      - %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\3CXMultiLineTapi\3CXTAPI.ini;
      - %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\3CXPhone for Windows\Logs\3CXTapiSP.log;
      - %APPDATA%\3CXPhone for Windows\Logs\3CXPhoneForWindows.log;
      - %SystemRoot%\system32\3CXTapiSrvProvML.tsp.
    3. Zip all the data and attach to a PM to me.
    Thanks

#2 ivank, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  3. ivank

3CX Support

I've missed this one on the first sight:
    I've added in the missing attribute but no joy.

This shouldn't be missing. It means, you haven't installed 3CX TAPI Plugin for the phone! The docs say:

After the 3CX Multiline TAPI is complete, you need to download and install the latest version of the 3CX Client for Windows. Download and install 3CX client for Windows from here: http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneforWindows_15.5.1632.1.msi

It's an ad-hoc build of 3CXPhone (beta), which contains 3CX Multiline TAPI Plugin configured. You need to install exactly this verison and stick to it even if the phone keeps complaining that a newer version is available.

P.S. This plugin will be integrated in the next version when 3CX Multiline reaches release stage.

XanthiZ likes this.
  4. 3cx newbie

Thanks for the reply @ivank

When I try to install the above, it complains that a newer version is already installed. I can't uninstall yet, as the server will require a reboot, but will let you know how I get on once uninstalled and re-installed with the correct version from the link above.

5. ivank

3CX Support

You can also try replacing this file (close 3CXPhone first, rename the original):
    "c:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXPhoneTapiPlugin.dll"

It won't need a reboot, you can give it a try at least

Attached Files:

6. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Interesting ... per https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison/, CRM integration is a Pro-only feature. In my experience with a plugin I wrote, if run without Pro, the plugin fails to load. If I recall correctly, an error is logged to %appdata%\3CXPhone for Windows\Logs\3CXPhoneForWindows.log.

Is Multi-Line TAPI specifically exempt from the Pro requirement?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ivank

3CX Support

Neither plugin installer nor driver itself check for the Pro license. New TAPI installer is made standalone, apart from CRM suite altogether.

8. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Hmm, just found the blog announcement: "The Multi Line TAPI requires the latest 3CX Client for Windows (which will be part of the 15.5 release) and a PRO edition."

For other plugins, the Pro edition is checked at the startup of 3CXPhone, when it loads the plugins:
    Code:
    [20.07.2017 08:32:50.555][1] Pro only added CallTriggerCmdPlugin, Version=15.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    [20.07.2017 08:32:55.995][1] Pro only added DotNetScriptPlugin, Version=15.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bac47dd19dc4098a
    But I haven't tried it with the TAPI plugin. What does 3CXPhoneForWindows.log say when it loads 3cxPhoneTapiPlugin?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. ivank

3CX Support

mcbsys, I would stick to the official documentation. But now you have the ability to test beta version, still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.