• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multi Netowrk Card Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetCore ITS

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a question how can we connect 3CX to SIP Numbers (on Ethernet Network Card #1) and the internet connection and IP Phones (on Ethernet Network Card #2).
Is it possible to connect to 3CX 2 network cards?
One for SIP (from ISP) and the second one for the LAN connection (internet and phones)

Telecom---(fiber)---TelecomGateway---(ethernet)---UnmanagedSwitch---IPPhones/3CXHost

These are the supported network configurations that 3CX supports:
https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/network-configurations-supported-3cx-phone-system/

Is it due to network configuration from your provider that has caused you to setup like this?

I have known a similar requirement request before which was due to the network provider sending a pre configured router to site with tunnel back to their network.

Hi,
The provider is providing his own firewall (we can't touch it or request any changes), there are 2 lines coming out (1 Data and 1 Voice - both different IPs).
From the links that you sent I think Segregated VoIP network is likely similar, better to try it first.
But how to make it inside the 3CX? like, "Proxy Audio”,... is there any steps?

Please check the current network setup

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    76.4 KB · Views: 31
Are you planning on running 3CX on Windows or Debian?

We just completed a 3CX Debian install with 2 network cards for a client last week with a very similar setup, the only difference being that the voice port from the provider equipment was SIP and Audio only with no connection to the public Internet.

Last edited:
The setup you have described is quite common, however personally I don't like it as I think when deploying 3CX you should always have control of your firewall, and where you can ask your provider to make changes I have known some to charge fee's for very simple network changes.

If you do deploy on Linux I would recommend you only do this is you are comfortable and familiar with Linux OS and thus can administer the server properly. Windows if not the case.

I think chances are also that you will need to enable "PBX Delivers audio to the extensions you are using in the second network.

Are you planning on running 3CX on Windows or Debian?

We just completed a 3CX Debian install with 2 network cards for a client last week with a very similar setup, the only difference being that the voice port from the provider equipment was SIP and Audio only with no connection to the public Internet.

We are running on Windows Server 2012 R2, do we require to do NIC teaming or Bridge?

The setup you have described is quite common, however personally I don't like it as I think when deploying 3CX you should always have control of your firewall, and where you can ask your provider to make changes I have known some to charge fee's for very simple network changes.

If you do deploy on Linux I would recommend you only do this is you are comfortable and familiar with Linux OS and thus can administer the server properly. Windows if not the case.

I think chances are also that you will need to enable "PBX Delivers audio to the extensions you are using in the second network.

When you have 2 network cards and we choose the default network card (from 3CX setting) to be the Voice Connection, when doing the firewall check the 3CX will check the voice network card only (where it's the default).

I will try to make it with 2 network cards but I think in windows you can specify the priority of each card or something link that.

Yes, this is explained in the supported networks guide I sent previously.

I think you may need a static route also, as per the guide you can specify a gateway for one network card. This means all your internet traffic will go over that network card by default.

You could enter a static route on the server to your provider in this situation if required.

Can you please check the setting that I have for this 3CX network. What is should do for Windows static route?
The 3CX server is having 2 NICs, data is coming from NIC1 and Voice from NIC2:
NIC no.1(data-LAN):
IP= 192.168.10.18
SM= 255.255.255.0
GW= 192.168.10.8

NIC no.2 ISP (voice-WAN):
IP=172.26.0.66
SM= 255.255.255.248
GW= 172.26.0.65

IP Phones:
IP=192.168.1.X

Yes, this is explained in the supported networks guide I sent previously.

I think you may need a static route also, as per the guide you can specify a gateway for one network card. This means all your internet traffic will go over that network card by default.

You could enter a static route on the server to your provider in this situation if required.
How can I make the static route for this?

You probably want to turn this project over to someone who knows networking. This is not a 3CX question or even a VoIP question but a general networking question. And since you clearly didn't read the 3CX network guide provided....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.