Multi routing schedules for customer inbound calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ft3cx, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ft3cx

My company needs to configure three routing schedules of customer inbound calls as like (1) 8:00am~6:00pm routing to in-house callcenter for regular business hour (2) 6:00pm~10:00pm only greeting about business hour (3)10:00pm~8:00am forwarding all inbound calls to outside number. Only two routing schedules (1) and (2) works properly but schedule (3) doesn't work at all. Please advise me how to configure multi routing schedules above if anyone has the same (or similar) configuration of inbound call. Thank you in advance ;) .

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You may want to try and use dummy extensions.

So, during normal office hours (8-6), you route normally to the call center. During the non-office hours, you route to a dummy extension (one that is not connected) which is then set to use custom office hours (not global). You then also set the extension to change its status automatically. As the extension is not registered, you set up the available status to forward to the IVR and the OUT-Of-Office and away settings to call to the external number.

I have not tried this, but what should happen is that during the normal office hours of the company an inbound call will go to the call center. Then when the global hours shift to non-office hours, it will then forward the calls to the dummy extension with its custom hours and automatic status changing. During the period when the extension is in hours the extension will be 'available", but unregistered so you set to forward to the IVR. Then, when the dummy extension's custom hours indicate the need to change to out-of-office hours, it will then automatically shift to away or out of office which will should then send to an external number as set in the away and out-office settings.

3. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    You could also use the same method as the one described in this other post to achieve this schedule: http://www.3cx.com/forums/post163924.html#p163924

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ft3cx

lneblett,

My configuration is the same as your recommendation but not work. Thanks.

5. ft3cx

pj3cx,

I can't find out the link that you posted. What is the subject of the link? Thanks.

6. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

See my reply in topic http://www.3cx.com/forums/two-ring-plans-and-saturday-ringing-39878.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ft3cx

It has been resolved. Thank you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.