Multi-site / Multi-tenant Configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sharmack, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharmack

Hi Guys
    I'm new to this software and I hope that either someone done something like this already or has got
    and idea how to do it if it can be done at all.

I'm thinking of implementing 3CX soft PBX in the multi occupancy building.
    Scenario I have looks like this:

One management company (us) runs:
    Four buildings.
    Each building has anything from 1 to 50 tenants (Independant companies)
    Each company on average has 2 to 5 employees (however it maybe 200 as well if they occupy half of the building eg one floor)

At the moment we have different telephone systems in each buidling connected to outside world via ISDN30 per building.
    Each company in each building has its own DDI range which is mapped to their internal exts.
    There is a handset per each person within each company eg:
    Building A - 20 different companies with on average 5 employees each and we have 100 handsets with 100 exts
    Each building has its own switchboard operated by receptionist who answers the calls with welcome message
    relevant to the company called eg:
    Should call come on DDI 020 8000 1000 then she answers: Good morning/afternoon Vintage Cards how can I help
    Should call come on DDI 020 8000 1010 then she answers: Good morning/afternoon Easy Recruitment how can I help
    Then call is put through to relevant ext.
    Some DDIs are routed directly to the clients desks
    Each clients/company can call each other within the building if they know their exts,
    however they can not see if client's next door phone is off, diverted to voicemail or busy etc as they are seperate entities.

My questions now are:
    1. Can implementation like above be done using one 3CX Enterprise Edition where system is securely split between individual clients
    so they dont know about the presence of other companies but still operated/managed by one maintainer (us)?

2.Has anyone applied 3CX system in multiply occupancy building with similar scenario like one above? Does it work well? Are there any major limitations?

If it can be done and has been done, can you post to the forum or send me some info/help/guide how to do it please ?

If it can not be done yet then I'm sure that multi occupancy feature like one described above would be a great advantage over the competition
    and I would sell this system like hot cakes.

I'm sorry for a bit long winded post and I hope I didnt make it to complicated

Regards
    Shaun

2. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello and welcome

Q1: Can implementation like above be done using one 3CX Enterprise Edition where system is securely split between individual clients
    so they dont know about the presence of other companies but still operated/managed by one maintainer (us)?
    A1:yes.

internal call (extension to extension) > network 100% works fine > voice quality 100% fine
    external call (to/from pstn line ) > network 100% fine > voice quality depend on your fxo device
    external call (to/from voip line ) > network depend on your voip provider > voice depend on your voip provider

3. worksighted

worksighted New Member

The key element that is currently missing is the "security" to hide extensions from one company from the others. Everythign else, it could do currently.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sharmack

Hi Guys
    Thank you very much for your replies.
    On one hand looks like it can be done however there is a security issue where users may be able to see tlephone status of other users
    if I understood last reply correctly.

This is what I want/have to avoid.
    I can not allow that user A1 working for company A can see that user B1 working for company B is lets say on the phone or his phone status is offline

Is there a way that you can create like group of exts which belongs to specific company and they can only see status of their own exts?
    It is not an issue if they know others exts so they can call each other but they can not see a status of someone who is in the same building
    but does work for different company.

Cheers
    Shaun

5. galal202

galal202 New Member

yes you can if only one has thepass word for the server
    and only one has the password for the devices
    because the status shown on server status screen or in BLF for the devices
    so I think it easy to do what you want

meaninig one only will know from the server
    and set blf for each group as you need and one only can modify this settings
    and 3cx can auto set blf for some ip phones

6. mickp

*20* would be a problem wouldn't it? I'd wait till 3cx specifically supports this scenario.

Mick.

7. ecwilson

ecwilson New Member

As Matt said you could use virtual machines this way every company has there own system with own login security.
    The Multi-tenant is coming out sometime around the first of the year :?: But remember each 3CX needs it's own
    license per install. Also make sure you have the right internet connection to handle the voice traffic for each
    company. A hosted 3CX system would also be a better fit in your scenario.

ecwilson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.