Multi Tenant Version - Which OS?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by telecomhelp, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telecomhelp

Anyone run this new Beta on Windows 7 Pro? I'm keen to test it but don't want the expense of a W2008 R2 license.

Andy

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

You can test it on Windows 7 64-bit. It worked on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS without any problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. msymmes

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a small intel i3 based motherboard working for me well !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Why don't you simply use Windows 2008R2 Foundation Server. It has all the functionality necessary for 3CX PhoneSystem and the stability of 2008R2 Standard or Pro. Win 7 is a client OS, not server one.

Regards

5. Ian Joyce

If you are just looking to test win 7 should do fine, if you are looking to eventually implement then you may want to look into a server OS.

6. netswork

netswork Active Member

I believe foundation server has a client access limit that may interfer with a multi-tenant solution if there will be many phones attaching.

Foundation is limited to 1 64 bit CPU socket and 8 gigs of ram.

It is also limited to 30 simultaneous SMB connections. Not sure if that will effect 3cx or not, perhaps support can chime in on that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.