• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multicast paging over MPLS Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZabudske

Forum User
Reaction score
I have 3 locations tied together with MPLS. Locations listed below...

Location A (Main - 3cx server location)
Location B
Location C

Each location has a patton gateway. Individual calls are working between all locations. I have configured and set up multicast paging at Location A and it is working. When someone from Location B or Location C pages someone at Location A it works.

When I try to page Location B to Location B or Location A to Location B it does not work. I can see packets and traffic on Location A firewall but less packets at Location B. I have called my ISP to turn on multicast. I made sure all switches (layer 2) have multicast enabled. I also made sure multicast and PIM Sparce was enabled on my firewall. PIM Sparce because that is what my ISP turned on / using.

Is there anything I am missing or should be looking at 3cx wise?
Is there a different way to configure paging to work? (Using page group/ring group and there is a loud beep before paging and it takes up a call license and want to move to multicast paging if possible).

Is location B using Direct Multicast Paging (Phone has button for Multicast Paging to IP:xxx
- or via 3cx to a multicast ring group/paging extension?

VIA 3cx to multicast ring group/paging extension so a user dials *98003 as an example.

*9 it to page an extension. "Intercom" if I recall.
Dial 8003 - which is the Ring Group extension. (below - my page all is 710 - we dial just that - or instead use a Speed Dial MPK)
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 11.28.23 AM.png

Reactions: jed
*9 it to page an extension. "Intercom" if I recall.
Dial 8003 - which is the Ring Group extension. (below - my page all is 710 - we dial just that - or instead use a Speed Dial MPK)

That is how I have 3cx configured. Under phone provisioning I have the setting "Enable Multicast Paging Ring Group provisioning" set to the correct ring group extension. Dialing *98003 and 8003 produce the same result - page doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.