Multicast paging w/ Yealink T46S

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by layton, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layton

We have a new install of v15.5 with Yealink T46S handsets. I've created a multicast paging group just like we have on our other 3CX installs, and verified the T46S phones are configured to listen for multicast on the correct IP address. However, when we try to page via the multicast group the call fails with a "Busy Here" message on the Yealink. I've checked all of settings in the Page group and Yealink phones with other installs that are working, but don't see any differences. I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this or has any ideas?

Thanks!

Chad

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Perhaps the network doesn't allow multicast traffic?

As a test - setup a Yealink button one one device for Multicast Paging using the Yealink functionality instead of the PBX. If this works, you can rule out the network.

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 2.46.45 PM.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Not a fan of this... too much variation in the pickups of the handsets causing bad echo at times.

5. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

I've personally never experienced any issues with the standard paging group with 3CX and I've done a few.

I know However that you may get these sorts of issues if:

* Phones are in different network segments/locations.

* Firmware versions varies per handset.

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

before you spend alot of time on this, let it rest, lets say until next Wednesday... hint hint...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.