• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multicast paging w/ Yealink T46S

Status
Not open for further replies.

layton

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
We have a new install of v15.5 with Yealink T46S handsets. I've created a multicast paging group just like we have on our other 3CX installs, and verified the T46S phones are configured to listen for multicast on the correct IP address. However, when we try to page via the multicast group the call fails with a "Busy Here" message on the Yealink. I've checked all of settings in the Page group and Yealink phones with other installs that are working, but don't see any differences. I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this or has any ideas?

Thanks!

Chad

Perhaps the network doesn't allow multicast traffic?

As a test - setup a Yealink button one one device for Multicast Paging using the Yealink functionality instead of the PBX. If this works, you can rule out the network.

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 2.46.45 PM.png

How many phones do you have? You can setup a standard paging group without multicast sub 64 end points.
Not a fan of this... too much variation in the pickups of the handsets causing bad echo at times.

I've personally never experienced any issues with the standard paging group with 3CX and I've done a few.

I know However that you may get these sorts of issues if:

* Phones are in different network segments/locations.

* Firmware versions varies per handset.

before you spend alot of time on this, let it rest, lets say until next Wednesday... hint hint...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.