Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multicast Paging

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Apr 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Multicast Paging (Ring Group) requires Intercom Dial code?
    I am assuming this is a bug?
    I do not want to turn on Intercom...

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Looks like a bug since only when using set paging and not multicast paging does it actually use the intercom feature. Just put in a intercom dial code and don't give the code out to people.

If you are using Yealink phones and Multicasting with 3CX give me a PM because you will find it works fine when you deploy it and then stops within 30 days. I can give you more of the back story and my work around.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

At my last job I had Yealink and actually triggered it from the phones directly and did not use 3cx at all.

I am about to deploy a 60 unit Grand-stream system and will likely do the same thing.

Would love to hear about your issue though.

Attached Files:

4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

With Yealink phones if you use 3CX multicast ring group it will stop working between one week and one month after deployment. I've seen this at multiple customers. The easy fix is just as you mentioned to have the Yealink phone create the page using a DSS key instead of using 3CX. The issue seems to be more of a Yealink issue than a 3CX issue though because the Snom PA1's can receive the multicast page from 3CX while the Yealink's stop sounding them properly.

5. craigreilly

interesting... I am not sure why I was setting up a MC Paging group in 3cx - as I do not normally do it that way. But I stumbled upon it while showing a client how easy the setup is.
    I do not have a support contract with 3cx - perhaps someone else will submit this to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.