Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multicast Paging

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

How do I setup Multicast Paging

In dial codes I have set *77 for paging

If I select Multicast vs SIP for paging how do we setup soft phones if we use multicast. Windows, iPad and Andriod

How would you setup yealink phones for Multicast

Attached is a view of the Yealink Multicast Setup

In the Yealink Multicast Tab there is a list (Table) for Multicast Listening. Multicast Address which would be the address we use when we setup a multicast ring Group. Is this correct.

For example we could setup a warehouse ring group with 224.0.0.252 and another called Garage with an address of 224.0.0.253. Now if I enter both IP addresses in the Multicast Listing table that phone would receive a page from either of the ring groups. (Correct)

It also has a paging List what is this used for.

Attached Files:

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3CXPhone apps cannot be paged through Multicast at the moment.

For Yealink Phones though, this is a sample setup with all the fields filled in side-by-side.
    [​IMG]

For the second question, yes, if a phones has more than 1 multicast IP it is listening on, then it will auto answer on both.

Attached Files:

3. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Thanks

How would you set up a Windows Phone for Multicast. I have not been able to find a way to setup a Windows PC for sending or receiving multicast.

It is my understanding that Multicast needs to be done at the MAC Address level but I have no idea how to get that done

Has anyone done this

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You can use VLC to setup a listener - but I am not sure you can set it up to autorun with specific parameters.
    A google search for "use VLC for multicast paging" shows several articles that may be of interest.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.