Multicell DECT Headset

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Melvin_XIII, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melvin_XIII

Hello,
    I am in search of a multicell DECT Headset Solution. I have to find this for a customer who is used to using a headset throughout the Office (Office is too big for one DECT Station and far too big for the Jabra Desk DECT headsets). So far I have only found the Jabra GN9125. Is this DECT Headset multicell compatible?
    Can I use it in combination with the 3CX Software in CTI mode to control it? Does Transfer work? Do assisted transfers work?

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

How far from the telephone would you want to go with a wireless headset considering you can't dial out with the headset only answer and hangup (if setup correctly) and won't be able to see the caller info if you are away from your desk?

Or are you looking for a multicell HAND-SET solution with headset attached or bluetooth to the handset?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You are going to be rather limited in choice for DECT systems that are able to do hand-off from one base to another. I would gather a list of those systems then see what devices they are capable of supporting. This will vary by region/frequency. In any case, it is not going to be inexpensive.

4. Melvin_XIII

Hi,
    Thanks for the replies. In the current configuration they are using the Jabra GN9125 in an Agfeo Telephony system. Due to the german Telekom abandoning ISDN the old system has to go. Currently they have control over the headset throught agfeo's PhoneSuite Software. They can dial numbers and transfer directly or assisted. It is my understanding that this will no longer work with 3cx PHone for Windows.
    Currently the employees use the headset throughout the building walking rellatively far during calls (too far for one DECT Base).
    I have concidered the solution with DECT Handsets and Bluetooth headsets and I am not opposed. However we have a further Problem. I cannot find any DECT Handsets that are officialy supported in a true CTI mode by 3cx phone for windows. This means I would be using the make call function to place calls form the PC through the hand-/head-set. It also means that I cannot conduct assisted transfers from the PC. Is there any handset that supports assisted transfers through the 3CX Phone for windows?
    Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.