• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

multiple 3cx servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edoit

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyobdy have experiance into interfacing two 3cx servers with each other? I'll explain better the situation: we have a client how is using a 3cx system for one of his productions sites aborad and they would like now to implement a 3cx system also for their main site. I wonder how and in which way the two servers might be able to be interfaced with each other. I know that failover is a possiblity but this is not what ia m looking for, I would like the two servers to work as a sort of unique server through site-to-site vpn eg: User at site A can call user at site B bu just dialing his internal extension number.

Could someone explain me the possibilities or point me out to the right articles about this?

Thanks in advance

Ed

Take a look at the blog (above) and simply type "bridge" into the search box. The site will return the details on how to bridge the systems together. The manual may also provide some insight, but I think the blog is probably the more descriptive.

Bridging is not uncommon and you may also want to search this forum to see other's experiences with same.

We have our remote locations using setup using bridges, I created two bridges for each site. One using the main site as a master going through the vpn and one using the remote site as the master using the outside IP addresses. I did this for two reasons.

1) if the remote vpn gets disconnected, I will get the email from the main 3cx server saying it cant connect to the the master at the remote site. I won't get the email from the remote site because its unable to connect to the email server which resides at the main site.

2) I have had the occasion when the remote site kept dropping the bridge connection the the main site, and now the voip traffic has two routes it can try before it fails.

jasit

@Ineblett: was easy to find it's all clear now.
@Jasit: nice tips!

Thanks ;)

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.