multiple Accounts

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MW_VNET, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MW_VNET

Hi

is there a way to activate multiple accounts at the same time?

i want to select the account for each outgoing call without change
    the active account in the settings manually

2. soroush

As far as i know you cannot have multiple accounts for outgoing calls, its limited to only 1

3. jeff yager

I am having the same issue. This feature was available in the previous version. This is a very annoying issue for my boss. Any way around it? or possibly coming with next release?

4. 3CXNP

3CXNP Support Team
    3CX Support

Hi guys,

I am assuming you need different accounts so you can have different caller IDs from your phone?

If this is the case, you can use your outbound rules to specify which outbound caller ID to use.

We will be having a webinar about outbound rules in a few days, so keep an eye out on our blogs for when this will be and if this will assist you in configuring what you need.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MW_VNET

no, we want multiple accounts for outbound AND INBOUND calls

eg:
    - ex 660
    - ex 661
    - ex 662

each has a different callerID

i want to be reachable on all 3 extentions at the SAME time

see linphone client...

6. 3CXNP

3CXNP Support Team
    3CX Support

You can create outbound rules, whereby with a simple prefix you can use any outbound caller ID.

For example:

dial 9 to use the main company phone number
    dial 8 to use the extensions DID number
    dial 7 to dial the main SALES DID number

For inbound rules, rather than using an extension on a phone to differentiate where the call is coming from you can use a ring group and use that to annouce the origin of the call.

For example:

660 (Existing setup is the CEO extension - New setup Create a CEO ring group forwarding to the single extension number)
    661 (Existing setup is the Sales Extension - New setup Crate a SALES ring group forwarding to the single extension number)
    662 (Existing setup is the Support Extension - New setup Create a SUPPORT ring group forwarding to the single extension number)

With ring groups, when someone calls into the CEO ring group, you will see on the screen of the phone "CEO:<CALLER ID>"
    When someone calls to the SALES ring group you will see "SALES:<CALLER ID>" on the phone screen and "SUPPORT:<CALLER ID> " when someone calls the support ring group.

These are just various examples of what you can do with the 3CX Phone System

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.