Multiple agents sharing a single number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jurgenskrause, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jurgenskrause

I have a client that has a single incoming number shared between a number of sales agents.

By default, incoming calls ring on all available sales agent's extensions, and the first to answer then handles that client. Should the line be disconnected, or should the client call back, is it possible to ensure that the call is only routed to the agent that had answered the initial call.

The same applies for outgoing calls. If an agent called a specific client, and that client returns the call, how can I make sure that the call first rings on the correct agent's extension before being routed to the normal call queue>

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The short answer is no.

I assume you have a SIP trunk with unlimited concurrent call paths. So, this means that as many calls as your bandwidth or license will allow can all come into the system using 1 DID.

The issue is that the system is not tracking callerID to the extent that it knows what extension originally took the call and then knows to route that same callerID to the same extension as before.

The callerID is what makes each call identifiable.

While the system does not have the functionality natively, you may want to investigate -
    http://www.voiptoys.com/3cx-call-router-by-voiptoys

I do not have any personal experience with the product, but these guys have done quite a bit of work and customization for 3CX systems. If this does not fit the bill directly, they may be able to customize.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.