Multiple calls on one phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jparisi, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jparisi

Is it possible to have a second call ring on a phone while the person is on a call already? Similar to call waiting?

For example, our receptionist is one the phone, a call comes in. Right now she doesn't see it at all, it just goes to the other phones in the ring group. What we would like to happen is for the call to ring on one of the other line buttons on her phone since there are 6.

I tried messing around with the phone busy settings but it didn't work.

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

i have this done in v3 with GXP-2020 6 line avalible

have not tested with v5

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jparisi

How were you able to do it Andy?

4. Wardy

Wardy New Member

I had this working in version 3 but it does not seem to work in V5 any ideas

5. silentfun

silentfun Member

it was easy just set up 6 extensions in the 2020 and go.

there was some problems with freezing when you got more then 3 chanels in a conf but that was a FW problem of the 2020 (latest) atm i use V5 3cx and FW 1.1.4.17 not so much features but stable. hope i can change to last again soon.

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Dont take me wrong, but this is not a solution for the problem, this is a workaround. A solution would make things work has they should. On V3 this is working well....

Cheers

7. silentfun

silentfun Member

you are right - just want to state then when everything (Firmware and 3CX ) is ok it will be easy to make Multiple calls on one phone.

it is not a workaround but if you use latest Grandstream firmware with 3cx v3 you are able to to this.

because of the need of a stable firmware i step back to Grandstream FW 1.1.4.17 . with this firmware it do not run under 3CX V5.

I don´t kow if it is a issue of the firmware only or if 3cx v5 have also something to do with it .

for the moment i will do no more testing with v3. i use it in a not critical enviroment so i can live with the bugs and try to help solving them.

perhaps it is not grandstream problem but i have orderd 3 phone GXP-2020 and 1. was defect but it take 3 weeks to realize it. often i thought it was on 3cx but it wasn´t. 2. phone one key was defect on arival. 3. my chief programmer is using and it seems it is ok - bad quality - but good price feature value - especial xml application screens. so i try to stay with them.

Andy

8. blackflash76

It's very simple to setup to use all lines on same phone.

Extensions -> Manage -> select the Ext. # -> Destination Unreachable / Forwarding -> Phone Busy -> Busy Detection select Use Phonestatus

If all Lines of the phone are busy you can also define a Forward.

It workes fine on my 3xc configuration. I'm using GX2020 as Hardphone with this config.[/b]

9. silentfun

silentfun Member

what firmware of grandstream do you use ?

what version od 3cx do you use?

Andy

10. blackflash76

Grandstream Firmware 1.1.4.17
    SCX Version 5.0.3752.0

But i have to say when the extention is in a ring group the second line lamp does not work. So i made a other setup. I call direct the ext. nummber and when der is no answer in 30 sec. it falls back to the ring group. So i have a max of 6 lines. But this is not a solution for the problem

11. silentfun

silentfun Member

i have done it the normal way and it works

Grandstream Firmware 1.1.4.17
    SCX Version 5.0.3752.0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. silentfun

silentfun Member

btw. ext 200 and ext 201 same room but some steps from each other so we have both configed to get 200 201 on both phone (line 1 & 2)

Andy

13. blackflash76

I have the same situation two phones in the same room. I solved it with the BLF and pick up the call.

Chris

14. jduncan

I was having this problem since installing v5. Try going into the extension options on 3cx, go to busy options and set it to use phone status. Call waiting works flawlessly after that. Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.