Multiple calls to DID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by EricDep, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricDep

I'm trying to get a Yealink T46 or T48 to show a second incoming call on the screen when using a Call Queue with only one extension in the queue.

I've got a DID inbound rule pointing to a call queue. There's only one ext in the call queue. And the ext is logged into the queue. When I call the DID the call queue prompt is played and then hold music. The yealink shows the call from the queue with caller id. While this first call is connected, I place a second call to the DID, get the queue prompt and hold music, but there's no indicator on the yealink that there's a call waiting in the queue.

If the ext is logged out of the call queue, then the first call goes to the ext without the call queue prompt and the message please hold while I transfer your call. The second call, shows at the bottom of the yealink display with caller id, but after the ext timeout (30second) the ext forwarding rules kick in and the call goes to vm. Or you can hold the first call and pickup the second, etc.

The ext has in forwarding rules->available the "i want to be able to accept more then 1 call at the same time" checked.

We are testing 3cx live in one branch to work out our issues. We're running V14SP3 on a VM at corporate. We'll hopefully move all 20 branches, 400 extensions, DID's to each customer service person (around 150 people).

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I seem to recall someone wanting the same feature, an extension in a queue to be able to answer a second call. I think that the answer was, at this point, it won't work.The extension option, to accept more than one call at a time does not seem to apply to queues.

What is your reasoning for using a queue with a single member. Could you not simply sent the calls direct to the extension. If you did then they could accept a second call after putting the first on hold.

3. tratz

tratz New Member

As of now you can't have more than one call at a time with a call queue. You can have more than one call with a ring group and or extension.

--Tracy

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.