Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multiple calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kurt5132081, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurt5132081

Hi Guys

Ok so at one of our clients we have a 3cx server running, 3cx Professional 15.5.6354.2, 256 concurrent call license. All agents in the call center use the 3cx soft phone software.

the issue which has started happening recently, the extensions in the queues are receiving multiple calls to their extensions from the queues, so a call will come in SIP PROVIDER-->IVR-->QUEUE-->EXT but on the extension both line 1 and 2 will ring.

The second issue is, a call will come in, same call flow as before, you can see the system polling the ext on the queue manager however the soft phone client does not ring

i know there is an option on the extension where you can set it to accept multiple calls, this option is not selected on all the extensions. i do not know of anything else that could cause this.

any help would be appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How are line 1 and line 2 set up. Are they the same extension number, or different extensions?
    The option to accept more than one call at a time, applies to lines that are busy, but have a second appearance.

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I had the same question as leejor. How are lines 1 and 2 configured? Do you have a second account registered on the phone? In theory you can only receive 1 call at a time from queues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kurt5132081

There is only one account configured.They use the 3cx softphone, as far as i know it is not possible to register more than one extension at a time on the softphone.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @kurt5132081

We came across a very similar issue before and it ended up being that there was a loop in the forwarding rules of the queue and the extensions. I do not remember the exact details but check the call flow in the PBX. Is the queue forwarding calls to the same queue? Are the extensions forwarding the call somewhere like a mobile or another extension that sends the call back?
    Check for loops in the call flow in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.