Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multiple Email Addresses

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Johnbenj, Aug 31, 2017.

Multiple Email Addresses 4.7 5 6votes
4.7/5, 6 votes

1. Johnbenj

In areas such as Voicemail delivery for individual users or Groups it would be helpful to be able to include more than one email address. Currently there is only one email address allowed per extension/user object but depending the role of the person they may want to CC another list or person, such as a admin-assistance, when new voicemails are received.

2. Vince Morris

I may have found a work around for this.

I have created a queue with the users I want to receive the email as agents.

I then go to the extension I want to be emailing multiple VM emails from. (In our case a ring group)

For the forwarding rules instead of voicemail (of this extension), I have select VM of another extension. The extension I have chosen is the queue. 3CX even gives a note stating the VM will be sent to all members of that group. (For a ring group this option is Destination if no answer, but same selection of VM of extension)

I have not tested this yet, but I will try and get around to doing so today and update with my results.

EDIT: It seems you could use the ring group for group VM delivery as well. See link below.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/3cx-v-15-custom-prompts-not-working.46816/

The catch here is getting a VM prompt to work. I am trying to figure that out now. One option may be to use a digital receptionist that states something along the lines of (to leave a General VM please press 1, 1 then being directed to the group VM).

#2 Vince Morris, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  3. Paul Omans

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Silly English Kniggit likes this.