Multiple extension registration on one IP handset

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jswade, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jswade

I have a Polycom IP600 conencted to the free edition of 3CX. I currently have one extension (EXT 10) provisioned on the first button of the IP600. There are 6 buttons available for provisioning extension presence, but I can only get 1 at a time to register with the 3CX system. I created the additional extensions in the 3CX console, each with an ID and password (using the same format as EXT 10, whcih works) but I can't seem to get more than one at a time to register. The activity log reports that the registration has failed, and that I should check the credentials for the extension.

Is this a supported feature in the free edition? I thinking that the 3CX system may be getting confused since the registration requests are all coming from the same device (same MAC, same IP). Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Jeff Wade

2. comresource

comresource Member

While I dont have a polycom phone to test with, I do know that you can do multiple registrations from the same phone. Not sure If there is a limitation on the Free version but I doubt it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

You can register multiple extensions in the free edition of 3CX. Most of the time errors like this occur when the authentication ID (In the General extension tab) does not match the SIP ID (In the "Other" tab).

Can you verify both of these fields are the same?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jswade

Well, I'm not sure what I was doing wrong the first time, but it works now... Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.