Multiple Extensions, 1 Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mjchurch, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjchurch

Is there any way to configure multiple extensions on 1 phone? My situation is that I own two companies -- a home services company (plumbing, heating, cooling), and a real estate rental company. When I call people, I want the appropriate outbound caller ID to show up.

Before the 3CX 12 upgrade, I was able to accomplish this by changing my caller ID with MyPhone. Since the migration to the 3CXPhone, this doesn't seem to be a possibility. Hence my question. My Cisco SPA504G supports the feature, but there is not a place (or at least not an obvious place) to set this up on the 3CX Management Console.

Sure... I could log in to the console each time I want to change my outgoing caller ID, but this seems like a rather brute force approach to what was (and should be) a simple "problem."

2. go1

go1

I read somewhere that multi-line provisioning would be available soon, or now in V12, but I haven't needed to look for it just yet.
    If you have an SPA504, then you have 4 line keys. If you want 2 different outbound CallerID's to present, then set up 2 extensions.
    Go to the 504 web console and disable provisioning. It's already set up now and anything you do next would get wiped on the next sync.
    Fill in the details for ext2.
    In 3CX, set the required outbound ID per extension.
    Now you have two handy buttons to determine who you will be.

Andrew

3. mjchurch

I made a first attempt at that, with no success. I'll keep tooling around with it, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.