Multiple extensions on one GXP2000

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KenC, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenC

Can I register more than one extention to one physical gxp 2000? (the goal is to be able to use Myphone client with extentions that are for now unregistered.

Thank you.

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

No you can only register one extension per handset. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

According to the manual, http://www.grandstream.com/user_manuals/GXP_User_Manual.pdf you can register up to four extensions/lines on that model. Am I missing something?

4. KenC

I have incoming calls routed to a call assistant; caller makes selection and is directed to extensions. I want to be able to use myphone client with those extentions, which are now not registered because I hav just the one gxp2000 sip. If I could register those extensions to the other accounts on my gxp I could access them with myphone.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

5. willow

willow Member

the phone itself should be able to handle multiple accounts. however you will not be able to use auto provision as it will not let you have more then one account unless you make a new template stating as such. myphone, I think will only monitor one account. you would need a session of myphine open for each extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. KenC

Great. Thank you. Having trouble provisioning the extra accounts of the gxp2000 because they all have the same mac. Does 3cx allow provision ing of more than one extension at the same mac?

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've seen the MAC issue come up before. As willow suggests, you will probably have to manually provision any additional lines on the set.

8. KenC

so theres a way to provision more than one extension per MAC?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.