Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multiple extensions on remote Yealink phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3CXfoxhallsolutions, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

I have installed six T26P phones at a site using Internet to connect back to the main site 3CX (8SC licensed - version 11 SP2). These phones use the public IP of the 3CX to connect i.e. don't use SIP Proxy Manager - and sit behind a Draytek V2955 router / firewall.

They had been working great with no connectivity issues - until I added a second extension behind the line 2 button on each phone. The customer wanted a shared access to a divisional voice-mail account which I put on each phone as the second extension.

This immediately caused registration problems with only one phone able to register both extensions, but the others able to register either only one of the two extensions, or none at all! I was only able to restore 'normal' functionality by disabling the second extension on each phone, and had to force a couple of phones onto alternate local IP addressing to get them back to normal ...

Has anybody out there had experience using Yealink phones configured with more than one extension account, at remote sites???

Thanks & regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have to assume that each extension number, behind the same router, has been given a unique port number, and that set firmware is up-to-date.

Other than that...I would see if swapping in a router (firewall) of a different make (temporarily, if possible) makes a difference. Or barring that...attempting the same set-up at a locational with a different make/model router.

Wireshark, would be the way to go if all else fails. It would, at least, show you what is happening, at the remote end, when a registration attempt is made. There are no 3CX logs, showing a failed attempt to register?

3. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

Ah-ha ... I have been running all extensions on the same local SIP port i.e. 5060 for line 1. When I installed the second extension on each phone, I set the account 2 local SIP Port to 5061 - but all phones are using those same two ports.

Are you suggesting that the first phone uses local SIP 5060 & 5061, the second phone uses local SIP 5062 & 5063 etc, the third 5064 & 5065 etc. ...???

I believe my T26P firmware is the latest i.e. UK version 6.61.23.15 ... I haven't taken a close look at the logs as the traffic lights were so obvious in pointing out that something just was not working ... If you could please confirm that I understand what you are suggesting in what I've stated above, I'll give that a try right away ...

Thanks & regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mixig

mixig Active Member

I would try with that first...

5. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

Thanks Guys
    I've set up each remote extension on a different SIP Port. However, I think that the Draytek firewall is throwing a curve-ball here, as ideally, I needed to have the Draytek hard/power-reset after doing the second account config. on the phones ... I think that the basis of the problem is in the Draytek's SPI firewall ... I had to put each extension on different SIP Ports, but then also had to assign a new static IP address to each phone as well before they would register with the 3CX. I left this config set overnight to give the Draytek time to drop its firewall memory [port translation table?] - and then re-enabled DHCP on each phone this morning to put them back on their original LAN IP's.

This appears to have worked ... If I was able physically be at the remote site - I think I could have done this by setting up the phones, then just powering down the router for a couple of minutes, and starting it up again. That would have been enough to clear & reset the firewall. Monday a.m. when the users come in and start making calls will be the proof however ...

Thanks & regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.