• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multiple Extensions on Snom710

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheyenneholdings

Reaction score
Ive been using 3cx v11 and upgraded to v12 -- been using 3cx for over a year now and truly like it.

as feature rich as it is however, WHY can I not program a Snom phone that supports 4 extensions with more than 1 extension. I know I can program it to the same extension 4 times (at least with grand stream this causes very problematic issues like not able to answer the call when hitting the answer button) -- we switched to the SNOM 710 as it was a supported and preferred phone.

I have successfully gotten multiple extensions on the phone (i.e. 152 and 179) however only the primary (the one actually MAC registered) will dial out. the secondary line will receive calls but cannot make them and does not seem to work correctly -- I think this may be due to the fact that I cannot program the secondary line in the 3CX to allow outside lan access as that box is greyed out.

This is a BIG MISS for 3cx as many people like to have a private line and a public line.

How if possible do I do this.

thanks Marc

Have you attemoted to manually confiIgure the 2nd account using the web GUI as opposed to provisiong from 3cx?

I did successfully program a second line, however, in 3CX the second line shows up as unporvisioned (which I expected). the line will ring if a call comes to it, and when answered there is no sound and the user cannot call out on the line at all. the "provisioned" line works perfectly. I think it has to do with the fact that 3CX will not recognize it as a remote line as you can't change the "in office" status.

3CX should allow the configuration in the extensions section for an outside line with out the provisioning of the MAC address, but you cannot control the in house/remote setting unless you provision the line which you can't do because you can't put multiple lines on the same MAC address. --- So while I set it up to connect correctly --- 3CX thinks the extension is on the local lan and does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.