• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multiple Extensions on softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

diditbetter

Reaction score
If i have multiple Extensions say 525 and 526 how can I get them both to work on the softphone.

I have 525 work and when I click the attachment in the welcome email for 526 it adds it but 525 no longer works unless I go back and check it. If I look under accounts I see this http://puu.sh/k5FiL/a68106ea11.png and can only check one and I don't see away to say assign it to another line and I thought you could since you have "5 lines" that show up in the soft phone.

I also have a few yealinks t32g's that have 3 lines the owner has two Extensions trying to do the same thing there.

What am I missing here..

Unless thing have changed in the recent versions, you could only have one extension (account) "active" (registered) at a time. There were multiple appearances of that extension.

The only way that I know that you can get them both to ring on the same phone/softphone is to first create your main extension (in your case 525) and then create the other extension (in your case 526), but this time have it forward to your main extension 525. You should disable the voicemail feature of 526 because it will now use the voice mail of 525.

Please note that by doing it this way, all your outbound calls will show up as coming from 525, your “main extension”.

I have done this many times with DIDs when a user has a main number that the public knows, but also has a “private” DID number. In this case if it is a DID number, then there is no need to create a second extension, just route the inbound DID rule to the main extension.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.