Multiple Extensions to multiple SIP accounts on SPA504g

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dreamscape, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamscape

Hi Guys

I have a SPA3102 for landline calls which I have working fine and set to extension 101, dials out no problem. I have a skype gateway (i'm still on ver9 at the mo) that is set to the fourth extension (401) on the phone. The other two lines I have available are set to extensions 201 and 301 which I have different DID numbers for on a SIP account. I have successfully got calls going to each line on the phone for receiving calls, but when I call out by pressing the line button and dialling, it fails, with error 603.

I have noticed that I have not set the SIP ID on these two lines. On the SPA504g, if I go to Ext 2 or 3, they have SIP ports 5062 and 5063. Should this be somewhere else within 3CX? I have the user ID's on the SPA504g Ext's 2 and 3 set to 201 and 301 respectively. Is this correct?

I have used one of the DID's on my Android phone with 3CX softphone and it's dialed out and received calls fine.

Any ideas would be great.

Mark

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You are configuring manually?

You would have to confirm that the extensions, on keys 2 & 3, exist in 3CX, and show as registered, just as any other line. They make use of different ports numbers, which is correct, and is required on a single IP device with multiple, individual lines. the keys, can, in fact, be registered to any SIP provider, not just as a 3CX extension, even though key 1 is. Think of the set as one physical device, that contains four unique SIP devices.

3. dreamscape

Thanks Leejor

I haven't had any success with autoprovisioning so i've had to go manual. The status is showing as green on the extensions, and the inbound calls are passed through to the correct line/key.

I assumed that it should work so i'll keep trying- juts wanted to know that it 'should' work.

Mark

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If something is still not working, then have a look at the 3CX logs. that would show why a call is not getting passed on to a registered extension.

5. active5

Auto provisioning will not configure the SPA504g with multiple extensions per phone, but it is a good starting point. I have SPA504g's, SPA508g's in the office, some have multiple extensions on the phone.

Compare carefully the lines that work with those that don't.

First: Look at the "Phone" tab, Line Key 1, Line Key 2, etc.
    Extension =1, Extension = 2, etc
    Share call appearance = Private
    Short name = $USER
    Extended function =
    (blank above)

Then check each of the key tabs, "Ext 1", "Ext 2", etc.
    General, Line enable = yes
    look at SIP settings, proxy and registration, subscriber information sections
    you can use SIP port: 5060
    then SIP port: 5061
    and so forth for each "Ext"

Look and compare carefully the differences between your working "Ext 1" extension and the rest, you should find the problem. And like leejor mentioned check to see if each extension is registered, verify the user, auth id and password. Also take a look at the codec preferences against the first extension that works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. paul.hadley

paul.hadley New Member

The fact that you are getting a 603 response suggests that your phone is passing the call to 3CX OK and then 3CX is passing the call to your service provider but they are rejecting your call.

In my experience this is either a mismatched codec or a failure to authorise the call. As you receive calls OK this suggests both sides have codecs that will work fine.

From your description you have one sip with three numbers, all come in OK and go to the correct extension. Are they all sending out the same number as the caller ID or using different numbers for each account. May be your service provider is only taking calls from the one caller ID and rejecting calls from the other two. You could either adjust the caller ID sent to use the one that is working or adjust the settings at you service provider to ensure all your numbers can make calls out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.