Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multiple external lines / different ringtone on phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by WesleyRamon, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WesleyRamon

hi folks ,

i have a customer who haves 3 external numbers , he is wondering if its possible to have another ringtone for each line ...

is this something i can configure in 3CX , or do i need to go in the phone config to configure this ...

or is it just not possible ?

thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The answer is...maybe, but only to differentiate external calls from internal (as far as I'm aware). A lot depends on the set you are using. I don't think it is going to be possible to have a different ringtone for each, of multiple trunks. Have a search through the forum, this (outside call ringtone) has come up a number of times.

A relatively simple way (if anything in VoIP can be considered simple) of doing this is with a multi line set, where each line key can be set to a different ring (depending on the make/model of phone). Each outside trunk could then be "directed" to a different extension number. Calls from different trunks can also be sent through ring groups to "pick up" an identifying prefix name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.