Multiple external lines / different ringtone on phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by WesleyRamon, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WesleyRamon

hi folks ,

i have a customer who haves 3 external numbers , he is wondering if its possible to have another ringtone for each line ...

is this something i can configure in 3CX , or do i need to go in the phone config to configure this ...

or is it just not possible ?

thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The answer is...maybe, but only to differentiate external calls from internal (as far as I'm aware). A lot depends on the set you are using. I don't think it is going to be possible to have a different ringtone for each, of multiple trunks. Have a search through the forum, this (outside call ringtone) has come up a number of times.

A relatively simple way (if anything in VoIP can be considered simple) of doing this is with a multi line set, where each line key can be set to a different ring (depending on the make/model of phone). Each outside trunk could then be "directed" to a different extension number. Calls from different trunks can also be sent through ring groups to "pick up" an identifying prefix name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.