Multiple Gateways

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tv19642001, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tv19642001

Maybe I am not understanding this or is it a limitation of the Mini version of 3CX. I have ver 11 SP3 on a Dell Server with a Sangoma A200 FXO card with 5 IP phones and 2 analog lines from my phone company. Works fine. I just purchased a Grandstream 4004 FXS gateway for my fax machine. When I add the Grandstream gateway, the 4 extensions show up under the System Extensions Status but the gateway doesn't show up anywhere. Is it supposed to show up under the VOIP / PSTN Gateways or does the Mini version only support 1 "analog" gateway? Just to test, I added a bogus Skype gateway and it showed under the gateways.

Thanks,

Todd

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

the reason why 4004 FXS is not showing up is because it is FXS device not FXO, 4004 template you can use for provisioning only (add local extensions) and that`s it. It will never show up under the pstn gateway section.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In other words..

Gateway = FXO (foreign Exchange Office)= PSTN phone line = 3CX trunk
    ATA / Analogue Telephone Adapter= FXS (Foreign Exchange Station or Subscriber)= telephone set= 3CX Extension

4. tv19642001

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to show up or not. Nothing in the documentation that I saw that says it doesn't. It is working, just wasn't sure about its appearance, management, etc. To reconfigure it (which I don't think I would need to do unless totaly system failuer), I just re-create it again?

5. mixig

mixig Active Member

the created config file is located:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning

yes, you can create file again and the old file will be overwritten, i tried to open that file with notepad++ and manage with that way but no luck (difficult to manage).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.