multiple inbound routes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tlachaus, Jul 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlachaus

Hi,

I have 2 sip trunks setup on my 3cx server for a failover type setup. The first trunk is for my sangoma sbc, the second is a direct connection to my SIP provider.
    What I am seeing is that if my sangoma fails, the direct dial routes that are setup for the second trunk do not apply. The calls always roll to the operator (receptionist).

How can I get the failover setup to apply the same as my primary setup for inbound routes?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Post a log of a call that represents the scenario. This way we can see how the call was routed and what the conditions were.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused. You say that this is incoming, which would mean that each trunk group should be independent as to where it routes calls (based on the rules). You also mention DID routes. This is where I'm confused. Are both trunk groups originating from the same provider, or how does the same DID number come in on two different trunks?

That aside...If you use only one set of DID rules (that are working with the first trunk group), then I would suspect that the incoming DID numbers, on the second route, are not matching the rules. You will have to have a look at, compare, the format for each trunk group and adjust/add rules to accommodate calls on the second route.

4. tlachaus

The DIDs on my inbound rules are setup, and when I select both 'ports' it automatically creates a second rule for the second trunk. The rules then become identical. I will try to post some logs when I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.